Coconut Flour Banana Bread Recipe
Updated: Oct 19
When you want something "bready" without the bread.. this is your recipe!
It has all the satisfying flavors of the banana bread you are craving without any wheat! Sometimes I prefer recipes with alternative flours like this one to give some variety to my diet.
Eggs (healthy fat and protein), coconut oil (healthy fat) and cinnamon - will all help slow down the absorption of the glucose from the bananas.
We love it served with a big serving of salted, grass fed butter. Yum!
The recipe works great for doubling - that's what we most often do! You can also change it up and make muffins. Just reduce the bake time accordingly.
Coconut Flour Banana Bread
Makes 1 loaf (8-10 slices)
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup coconut flour
3 T arrowroot starch
1 T cinnamon
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 7.5” by 3.5” loaf pan with a bit of coconut oil.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas and mix in the eggs, honey, and coconut oil.
4. Add the coconut flour, arrowroot, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt, and mix well.
5. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the loaf comes out clean.